Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI), the official Philippine distributor of Hyundai passenger cars and commercial vehicles, turned 18 this August. While 18 may be just old enough to take your first sip of wine in the Philippines, HARI has certainly achieved much more than the average debutante since setting up shop.
To celebrate our 18th anniversary, we look back at our journey with you -- milestones that would not have been possible without the People of Hyundai.
Thank you for making us your lifetime mobility partner.
1. August 2001 - Hyundai Motor Company (HMC) awards HARI the exclusive distributorship of Hyundai passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
2. December 2001 - Pioneer dealerships Hyundai E. Rodriguez, Hyundai Quezon Avenue, Hyundai Cebu, and Hyundai Pampanga opened their doors to the public. From these first four, Hyundai’s nationwide dealership network in the Philippines has grown to a total of 42 passenger car dealerships and 11 commercial vehicle dealerships… and counting!
3. In 2001, HARI brought the Starex van to the Philippines. Debuting with the Hyundai Common Rail Direct Injection (CRDi) that provided owners with unparalleled fuel efficiency, the Starex has remained one of the brand’s flagship vehicles to this day.
4. 2006 - HARI Foundation, Inc. (HFI), the corporate social investment arm of HARI begins to engage employees and business partners in various philanthropic efforts across the country.
5. 2007 – HARI launched its twin groundbreaking programs in After Sales: the 5-Year Warranty Program, which broke the boundaries of the traditional 3-year warranty offered by most brands; and Jet Service, the one-stop shop for Preventive Maintenance Service (PMS) at dealerships, guaranteeing comprehensive car care in half an hour, or you get it free!
6. 2010 - In less than a decade of operations, HARI shot up from zero to No. 3 in auto industry sales ranking on the back of astounding 82% growth and a string of awards from prestigious motoring organizations.
7. The same year, HARI premiered the all-new Accent, showcasing modern styling and the fuel economy afforded by the CRDi technology. The 2010 Accent went on to rank the highest in J.D. Power’s 2010 Sub-Compact segment review.
8. Over the years, Hyundai Motor Company honored HARI with prestigious awards in sales, vehicle service, and customer satisfaction, including the HMC Global Distributor of the Year in 2010 and 2016, 2019 Regional Distributor of the Year Asia-Pacific/Russia and CIS for Commercial Vehicles, and Asia-Pacific Distributor of the Year in 2012, 2008, 2006, and 2005.
9. July 2010 - HARI spearheaded the founding of the Association of Vehicle Importers and Distributors (AVID), established as a response to the need to accelerate government and private enterprise initiatives toward improving industry competitiveness.
10. May 19, 2013 - HFI and Gawad Kalinga (GK) inaugurated the Hyundai Center for Green Innovation (HCGI) at the GK Enchanted Farm in Bulacan. HCGI has become a hub for local and international conferences for growing sustainable green communities.
11. April 28, 2015 - Hyundai Logistics Center (HLC) in Calamba, Laguna was inaugurated. The state-of-the-art home base for Hyundai passenger and commercial vehicles boasts of design, construction, and use of material that adhere to the highest standards of sustainable architecture. On June 15, 2016, the Philippine Green Building Initiative (PGBI) awarded HLC with the Kamagong certification, signifying that it has achieved the highest ranking GREEEN (Geared for Resiliency and Energy Efficiency for the Environment).
12. February 15, 2016 - HMC awarded HARI the sole distributorship of Hyundai Trucks and Buses, completing HARI’s portfolio of premium vehicles that address the Filipino’s mass mobility and payload needs. HARI recently welcomed Hyundai Trucks & Buses-Baliwag, the 7th inaugurated CV dealership in the Philippines.
13. March 22, 2017 – HFI, in partnership with Better World Korea and the Institute for Global Education Exchange and Partnership, installed the pilot Rainwater Harvesting Facility in Rawang Elementary School, Tanay City. This filtration system can produce and store potable water from rain gathered in roof gutters to benefit some 200 students of the school and its neighboring communities.
14. April 2018 – The Hyundai IONIQ hybrid debuts in the Philippines at the 2018 Manila International Auto Show. Its appearance is followed by the premier of the IONIQ and KONA electric vehicles at the 2019 MIAS.
15. January 20, 2018 - HARI through HFI renews its commitment to support Gawad Kalinga (GK) efforts to address hunger and malnutrition among marginalized children. Through HELP Marawi, HFI has provided mobility to the Kusina ng Kalinga (KNK) in Marawi, GK’s feeding program for public school children in the war-torn city.
16. April 10, 2018 - In partnership with Hyundai Motor Company and Plan International, HARI inaugurated Hyundai Dream Centre-Philippines (HDCP), a world-class automotive training and education hub envisioned to fill in the gaps of the country’s vocational and technical education in order to empower underprivileged youth with the skills and competencies that will help them start a productive career in the automotive industry.
17. October 16, 2018 - HARI kicks off the very first Hyundai Power Solutions-Business Mobility Solutions Expo, a show of full support for the government’s major infrastructure and public transport modernization programs, in San Fernando City, Pampanga. On display was Hyundai’s line of premium trucks and buses, and the company’s contribution to the PUV Modernization Program, the Hyundai Modern Jeepney.
18. October 24, 2018 - HFI and UP-PGH joined forces to empower women through Alagang Breastfriend, a comprehensive breast cancer information and screening campaign. HARI through HFI donated an H350 van customized into a state-of-the-art mobile cancer diagnostic clinic, the very first of its kind in the Philippines, to transport UP-PGH medical missions to under-served sectors of the country.